Pro Putt Systems DIY Backyard Putting Greens.
Step One: Ask yourself these questions:
Has the cost of installing a backyard green with a contractor got you wishing you had never came up with the idea in the first place?
Are you somewhat handy and willing to spend a day or two on a DIY project in the yard to save thousands?
Did you see the ads on the Golf Channel, then when you got the bid from the local guy, you were quoted $27 or even $30 per square foot?
Have you been on YouTube and seen how, you have to dig down 8″, bring in 9 million yards of fill, create french drains, then bring in 4 million yards of fines to get started on your project?
Does the idea of purchasing specialty cutting equipment to cut-in fringe borders and chipping areas seem like something you’d need to go to classical sculpting school for?
Does the idea of using the most technologically advanced putting green system available today, appeal to you?
If the answers to these questions are Yes….then you need to speak with Pro Putt Systems.
Many years ago, we mastered the concept of building and shipping custom indoor putting greens, now we’ve mastered building and shipping backyard putting greens as well!
It’s All About the Bass!
Here’s how it works:
1) You take a picture and draw a crude sketch (w rough dims) of the area where you want the green to go
2) You call us and we have a quick discussion about the green (to be sure it is realistic)
3) We complete a design and color sketch with a quote for you to review and sign off on
4) You complete your order via card and we ship the green to you completely pre-cut like a kit
We can do all of this for a fraction of the cost of that outrageous quote you were given 😉
With a Pro Putt Systems DIY Backyard Green, not only are you saving money versus a fully installed green, you’re getting all the benefits of a putting green built with interlocking base panel technology.
Many people ask if they can customize their own breaks and contours in our DIY Green system. You bet, just form your sub-layer the way you want and the panels will conform to your creation. Go get’ em Donald Ross!
Here is the secret sauce:
Here is the issue with a traditional install:
Don’t forget about all the other awesome stuff we offer:
- Numerous pre-packaged putting green sizes
- Putting surface only pre-cut sizes
- Ball return hitting nets
- Multi-surface chipping pads
- Professional hitting mats
- Bulk Turf Orders
Do it yourself putting greens are easy for our friend Tiger Woods! Now they are for you too!
The rest of us have to be a little more realistic in our expectations of home putting greens and short game practice areas.
What we don’t have to settle for is junk, if you want a top notch putting green at, or in, your home, Pro Putt Systems has your answer.
When it comes to do it yourself putting greens there are a few things to be aware of:
- No level of careful mowing will ever transform your existing grass into a putting green, don’t even try it
- Please don’t try to order rolls of putting green sod, unless you have a degree from the Stockbridge School of Horticulture, you’d be better off trying number 1, the mower thing
- Unless you have Tiger’s money don’t try to make the “DIY Green” an “I’ll Hire Someone To Take Care Of It Green” this will cost a fortune
- Don’t fool yourself into thinking that throwing some 4.25” circles on your living room floor will give you meaningful practice, yeah I know, Hogan says he did this, Hogan lived in the 50’s (Rest His Soul)
- Definitely, don’t wind up on AliBaba.com ordering a piece of turf from Bangladesh, Lord only knows what you’ll get
- Please don’t insult your game by jumping on Amazon and grabbing one of those $29 “practice greens”, that’s junk, don’t waste your money, just go play 9 holes
Here’s what you can do to build a putting green in your home, a great, Do It Yourself Putting Green that will last for a decade to come and offer realistic putting experience, for a great price.
At Pro Putt Systems we offer numerous pre-packaged putting greens that are made at our facility right here in North Carolina.
These DIY Putting Greens are made from the best putting turf on earth and the base system that actually lifts the green off the substrate, is designed to fit together like a puzzle, so easy, a caveman could do it.
That’s a DIY Putting Green the Pro Putt Systems way.
If you’re considering a custom putting green in your backyard reach out to the Pro Putt team. As always, let us know how we can help, that’s what we do!